Sunday, March 30, 2008

Springtime March 30, 2008



Compare the two photos above taken from the Apgar Lookout webcam....The photo in the top of my blog was captured on January 14, 2008....The one I just posted was taken today March 30, 2008 .....Just a little bit of snow depth difference huh? Hmmmmm it doesn't look quite as bright and sunny looking into Glacier National Park today as it does here, only two miles outside of the front entrance to the park. The mountains create their own weather systems frequently.......The road crews are scheduled to begin their annual spring pilgrimage of opening the Going to the Sun Road this week...Looks like they are in for a treat...I will post additional updates about the road opening as I receive them....



This first photo shows my backyard looking toward my shop...the back roof is roughly 8 feet off the ground....unless we get a warm wet spring this will most likely still be there in July....


Well we heard from family and friends in the Pacific Northwest that they were sending us a wonderful spring storm......Well..... we really love our families and friends and we know they love us....... So we really hoped it would be one of those early April rainstorms that they were sending to start us back to the land of green and plenty........hmmmmmm...... Well that would have been the wrong guess......Yesterday morning we awoke to an additional 8-12 inches of new snow depending on where you stood....... It seems to me that it all fell in my driveway! I have just now finished hopefully for the last time this season the moving of this wonderful white stuff around. Don't get me wrong I love to recreate in the winter wonderland we live in...however this winter we have had more than our share....and I am ready for spring.....






This photo is looking out into my front yard from the deck...It is a wonderful sunny day with a few high clouds.......but a fair amount of that famous Montana blue sky....OK OK I agree...... at this point any blue sky and sunshine is a plus.....and I am ready for lots more..

Once I catch my breath...... I am back into the shop to continue working on pending orders......which were coming along quite nicely before this brief wonderful interruption...

May your day be sunny and bright where ever you might be....ENJOY LIFE....Have a great day!!

No comments: