Thursday, May 14, 2009

Custom Cribbage Boards for Deschutes Brewery....UPDATE 05/14/09

These boards were shipped and received....next.......



The holes have been drilled on all the boards and now the process begins for the back slot to hold the pegs.






This photo shows the slot in the back of the board where the pegs will be stored.



All the slots have been routed out and now each aluminum slide has to be created to match the slot.



This photo shows the metal strip shaped and placed in the dovetailed slot.









Each board will then get a burned image of my business stamp.





Once these steps are completed for each board, it will get a final sanding and a final coat of poly.


For more information about ordering your own custom board go to:
http://www.splinterswoodworks.com/

3 comments:

Carl said...

What router bit or combination of router bits did you use to cut the slot for peg storage in the bottom of the board?

Dave said...

Carl....I use a combination of bits. Once I figure out where I am going to place the slot, I first use a dovetail bit to cut the top of the slot and then leaving the fence set where it is I replace the dovetail with a straight bit and set it to the depth I need. This allows the straight bit to fall right in the center of the first slot.

I usually have to use a knife blade to clean out the dovetail slot so the aluminum strip will slide in.

Thanks for asking...

Carl said...

Many thanks! I was thinking the same thing, so now I will try it. Again thanks for your help.