Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Custom Six Person Large Walnut/Oak Cribbage Board

Comments received from client after opening the package.
Dave,

The Board came yesterday  I just opened it. I am speechless. I really don't know where to begin or what to say except: This exceeded my expectations!!!!!!!!! I've NEVER done anything like this before and beyond a Doubt I found the RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB!
Dave, I guess I'm getting soft but honestly I have tears in my eyes as I am writing this. You, did such a GREAT a job and you waited so long. And that's what means so much to me!!!!!!! Then I saw two decks of cards and I really cried. Thank you.
This has been such a rough year for me and so many people don't know what it has been really like. Things have finally turned the corner. This Board symbolizes a new future much like "The Glory of the Later House will be Be Greater than the former." Haggai 2:9 for me. Thank you!
When my kids and I get together You will get a picture of us all playing on your board!
WHAT A CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
God Bless You
Gratefully yours Grant

Poly/wax finish being applied....
This giant custom six person cribbage board has been delivered to its new home in Pennsylvania in time for their family Christmas gathering.

The three coats of hand rubbed poly/wax finish has been applied and are now in the final drying process.  Once that is completed I will begin the buffing and final finishing steps. This has been a very long process, but one which will pay off in the long run for the client. I am sure he and his family will have many spirited games on this board.

Slots created on back to hole the pegs..

It was requested to create a way of hanging this custom piece on the wall when not in place. So I created this four inch keyhole slot on the back to safely hang the board straight on the wall. I hope they choose their spot well, because this is one heavy board and will need to be hung on a wall stud.
Back slot to hang board when not in use.


The inlays have all been done and we are now into creating the slots on the back to hold the custom pegs. Then I can move on to the sanding and finish stage.

This creation is a combination of other boards, furniture style in their home and the desire to have a board that his whole family can play on.


The walnut has been drilled and the holes for the inlays have been cut,,
Hard maple inlays



This design concept was done in CoralDraw


This is the CoralDraw file I created from the clients ideas.

The size of this board has grown a lot because of everything the client wants on his custom cribbage board.   It will be roughly 20 inches wide by 36 inches long.







The board idea he started with...

Photo sample of Lane furniture that he wants to blend with.
















Stay tuned for more updates soon......:-) ****************************************************************
For more information about ordering your own custom board go to: http://www.splinterswoodworks.com/

No comments: