Sunday, January 16, 2011

Custom Oregon shaped Cribbage Board with lasered Elk

Dave
Bud LOVED his cribbage board!! He was so thrilled with the design and the artwork – he would pick it up every 5 minutes or so and just look at it and comment on what a wonderful job you did and that the elk was amazing!! I will take a picture and send it to you J

Thank you again, so much, for your hardwork and time to make this a very special Christmas!!

Deanna








I was contacted by a client in Oregon about a cribbage board for her husband.  She had two requests, she wanted an Elk and she wanted the shape to be in the shape of Oregon.

The Elk she found and liked online was a drawing done by Dennis McGraw. I told her, as I always tell these type of requests. It is a copywrited image, we must get permission to use it.  She agreed completely.  I called the number on his website explaining the situation.  Typically, I do not hear back from these type of inquiries.  Imagine my surprise when I got a return call from Dennis graciously agreeing to let us use his image for this project.
Thank you Dennis for allowing us to use your image.




The next step was to create the shape of Oregon State along with a four person track.

It was made out of a piece of 4/4 Hard Maple.
Once the shape was cut was done and the holes were drilled we were ready to laser  the Elk.


Here is the finished project, it really turned out nice. I think her husband will be thrilled on Christmas morning.



Stay tuned for more updates soon......:-) ****************************************************************
For more information about ordering your own custom board go to: http://www.splinterswoodworks.com/

1 comment: