Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hopeful Shop Plans for 2008

It has been a busy winter here at Splinters Woodworks, my home based woodworking world. I have been blessed with steady orders of folks looking for custom woodworking. The photo is the little snow which has called us home and will continue to remain for a while now.

Along with the normal process of running a business, I am also working on plans to build a new woodworking shop this spring/ summer/ fall. We have been able to purchase the lot next to ours here in these beautiful north woods and as soon as the wonderful cover of snow melts we will be moving in to scope out the lay of the land to decide where to pour the foundation.

Of course this will be in addition to preparing for all the Farmers Markets and shows which we will be attending again this year. Which means creating a lot of stock items as well as filling the custom orders which come in. This should prove to be a very busy year. I may have to locate a good assistant.

My goal would be to at least to have the foundation poured and the structure closed in before next winter begins. Any financial donations or offers of assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I am working out of a small shop in the back of our garage, which has also spread into one of the car stalls in the front. In building this shop I will be able to actually put my vehicles in out of the weather in the garage. Not to mention being able to spread my equipment out a bit in the new shop.

I will post some photos of before the action starts and then follow the progress of the construction.

No comments: