Saturday, November 20, 2010

Spalted Maple Table Top Cribbage Board

This finished project was a combined effort.  I was contacted by a cabinet shop in Ontario, Canada:
Hello from Ontario

I am a cabinetmaker with a request from a client for a crib board incorporated into a frame and panel table top. We have seen your site and are impressed with your product.
Cheers Tom
Thus the project began ending with these photos and comments from the family that placed the order.
Dave

We picked-up the table last Sunday and I couldn't be more pleased.  You both did a wonderful job and we now have this beautiful piece to enjoy.

I believe you saw pictures of the finished table.  The cribbage board is exactly what I wanted.  I have yet to play as my wife has still to learn the game.  My daughter and son plan to visit in two weeks and we are looking forward to having a number of games.

Thank you both,

Jim

This project was a true show of combined craftsman workmanship, while being far apart, crossing borders, and never meeting each other.

I am very pleased with the outcome and feel privileged to have been a part of it.


Overall panel size was 16 inches wide x 30 inches long, to be encased in a  three inch wide border.

The Cribbage board layout is 10 inches wide x 24 inches long
with a 1 inch lip all the way around for the panel joint.
Pegs holes are 3/16 inch to accommodate the over sized custom metal pegs for this board.

I will construct the cribbage layout.  The plan is for the cabinetmaker in Ontario, Canada to ship me the panel he has built for the top. I will do the cribbage layout and return ship to him.  He will then construct the table and incorporate my cribbage panel into the top.  This is an exciting project to be asked to be a part of. 

Thanks Tom and Jim for asking!

Initial layout I created using CorelDraw. I then will use a CNC router to drill the holes and create the lines between each track.





Stay tuned for more updates soon......:-) ****************************************************************
For more information about ordering your own custom board go to: http://www.splinterswoodworks.com/

No comments: