Friday, February 17, 2012

Large Custom Maple Cribbage Board

This custom cribbage board has been delivered and this is the email and photo I received back from them.

Paul and Annie Jo with their new board.


Dave
Annie Jo and I are so grateful for the gift you sent us. We have been playing cribbage every morning after breakfast for almost our entire married life (which will be seventy years this November) In fact The only time we did not play for any length of time was when I was overseas during WWII and Korea.
Now that I seem to be getting old my eyesight is failing (glaucoma and macular degeneration) and this cribbage board has been a godsend. It also has probably saved our marriage because of the many erratic pegging on my part. See what you have done!!!
Again we say we are sincerely grateful to you and your generosity!!!




GOD BLESS YOU

Paul and Annie Jo


This custom cribbage board was created for a client to give to her elderly parents.  She contacted me and told me her folks play cribbage ever morning and their eyes were not as good as they used to be and she wanted to do something special for them.  Of course, I wanted to be a part of that.

So I created this layout using 1/4 inches custom metal pegs which are 2 1/2" long with a 7/16" head with a 1/4 inch base.

The layout was created with this in mind.  The overall board Is 10 inches wide and 33 inches long.  A large number size deck of cards was sent with the board.

It was a true pleasure to be part of this project.  Thanks....


The finished custom cribbage baord.


The custom 2 1/2 inch metal pegs/



Custom lettering applied.


Stay tuned for more updates soon......:-) ****************************************************************
For more information about ordering your own custom board go to: http://www.splinterswoodworks.com/

No comments: