Friday, December 18, 2015

Custom Round Spiral Four Person Track Cherry Cribbage Board

 This custom order is on its way to Wisconsin as a surprise Christmas gift to an unsuspecting husband.  I was sent a photo and asked.."Can you do something like this?"  Of course you know me I said sure no problem.  Famous last words right?  Well it was a lot of work to get everything lined up, but I am real pleased with how it turned out.  I think the client and her husband will love it.

I used cherry to create the board and it measures in at around 15 inches in diameter. It is mounted on a lazy susan base so it can rotate for the players.  I also created a drawer to hold the cards and pegs.



Finished and ready to ship



Top view


Ready for the hand rubbed polyurethane finish
  

Lasy susan base


Gluing the drawer



Fitting the drawer




Gluing the bottom to the top
ocket hole finished
   


Cutting the bottom piece drawer pocket

 

Holes drilled, lines cut in and outside profile cut out.


CNC doing its magic


Design was created on computer by looking a photo



Stay tuned for more updates soon......:-) ****************************************************************
For more information about ordering your own custom board go to: http://www.splinterswoodworks.com/

No comments: