Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring in Northwest Montana (well sort of)

WELCOME TO SPRING 2008!!!

For a while now I have been hearing a voice coming from under the snow. Each day I have been shoveling a little bit more and a little bit more and today there was loud voices and excitement as I broke through that last little bit of snow.



This is my front yard and the snow is about 5 feet deep.



Gnome1



a little bit farther


Gnome2



one more step and there he was..what a guy…and so happy!


Gnome3


and finally broke through to the waterfall basin which was ice free and most likely where he had been drinking and bathing all winter

Gnome4


The little guy was very happy to see open fresh aire….Gee isn’t it amazing what it takes to entertain us…
The smell of mint greeted me as I dug into the snow and around the water basin..not fresh mint but the promise of things to come. I think there are some spring type flowers around there somewhere..perhaps I will have to take time and try to find them…..What better way to celebrate the first day of spring…..
Golly am I ready or what?

Each day the snow melts a little bit farther down and soon I will be able to walk the future site for Splinters Woodworks...I am excited.....now if I could find the cash to finance it....life would be better...
I suppose I should get back into the shop and create some sawdust and slivers.....so as to assist in creating that $$....Have a great day. Tomorrow I will attempt to layout some of the current projects I am working on. until then.....

No comments: