Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Here is hoping you all had a nice Thanksgiving. In this space in time we all have to be thankful for a lot of things.

We celebrated the evening before we left with a family meal. It was a very memorious occasion for me and I was very glad to get on the road and headed back to my neck of the woods.

The holiday was spent on the road driving from Seattle, with a stop over in Spokane where I very much enjoyed a great Turkey dinner at a local Perkins. They actually gave me a senor discount for being old. How sad is that? Finally the gray hair paid off.

The following morning before leaving the big city was "BLACK FRIDAY", now how can you be in the big city and not partake a little bit in the fanfare? Which started at 4 AM, Without us.

Of course it goes without saying that Sears was my first stop and lo and behold they were not all out of door buster items. I was able to pick up some much needed additional clamps at 50% off. Of course we then had to walk through the large mall there to see what else we just couldn't leave with out and actually we both behaved quite well. That encounter with that many people in one place at one time was way too much for me.

After leaving there and on the way out of town the next stop was at my favorite Woodcraft store to look for bargains and pick up some needed router bits. As usual that is a dangerous store for me to be in, but luckily I was chaperoned by my lovely wife who did her best to keep me in line.

I was able to pick up some really nice African Mahogany for an upcoming project while we were in Seattle at my favorite lumber store. The choices there are really good and they went out of their way to be helpful as always.

The highlight for me of this whole trip there was time spent with my two grandsons and their families, Now it doesn't get any better than that!

Project updates will be posted soon...

No comments: