Saturday, January 9, 2010

Scott Morrison inspired Custom Rocking Chair continues...Part 3

Here are the boards I have selected  for the seat and the headrest. Now the seat boards have to edged, squared and cut to size.  After that the corners where the back legs go will be cut out and then biscuited and glued.

The board on top of the seat will become the headrest once we get to that point.

Picking the wood for grain direction and color is a fun and challenging process, and very necessary function.


This is the back legs wood chosen and marked out on the board. This is an important section because most of the weight of the chair and the person has to be supported by it. It was important to select as straight of grain as possible. I got lucky here and could cut both rear legs out of the one wide piece I was able to get.

The next step is to cut them out on the band saw.....then select the wood for the front legs and arms. After that I will start cutting the wood for the making of the spalts for the back support...then the wood for making the rockers....more about that as I move on......

Opps...I just realized that in creating this entry I somehow deleted the last post I did on the rocker. dang I hate when that happens......I will see if I can recreate it some how....   :-)

Stay tuned for more updates soon......:-)

1 comment: